February 11 2022
The modern-day corsets that we have these days can be considered as a proper tool that is used for slimming our waists and exaggerating the shape of the hips. During the Victorian period, women didn’t like wearing corsets, but as we see today, it has become quite a popular fashion trend amongst modern women.
So, on that note, it is important to know what the different types of corsets are and how to wear them. There are so many different types of corsets that women should know about, such as the brocade corset, the Overbust, the underbust, and the steel boned corset.
Basics About Corsets
Corsets tend to vary in materials, style, fit, colors, shapes, and patterns. For example, there are over-or underbust corsets with extreme curves or fewer curves, with plastic or steel boning. Not to mention that the price points are often a bit different in the case of corsets as well. Some of them tend to be on the expensive side because of the materials used to create them. So, when it comes to choosing the right corsets, you need to know what to look for. Also, you need to know the different types of waist cinchers or corsets for sure.
Popular Materials For Corsets
Various materials are used for creating a corset.
- Satin is one of the most common materials that is used. It is worn under your clothes and is opted only if you require an hourglass figure without actually showing your corset.
- Mesh tends to be a light and breathable material for creating corsets during the summertime. In addition, the body is offered with a perfect silhouette with the mesh corset and can easily be worn over or under the clothes.
- Cotton is a comfortable and casual material that is used for creating corsets. It is durable and breathable, but we don’t recommend you wear it as underwear since it is pretty thick.
- Another common material that is used for the creation of corsets is leather. It is comfortable and stylish and is commonly used for waist training since it can stretch out properly.
- Brocade is a think material made with a durable and long-lasting polymer blend. Wearing brocade corsets is more of a style statement than anything else.
How To Wear A Corset?
Here are some things that you need to know about wearing a corset. Whether it is a cotton corset or something else, you need to follow these steps.
- The first thing that you need to wear is a layer worn basically with your chemise that remains underneath. A chemise is also known as camisole in the present times.
- The lacing is the next part of wearing a corset, and it can be properly adjusted and tightened using the front busk and fastening it properly.
- The next thing that you need to do is select the right type of corset that you want to have. Most women go for a bunny corset, but the choice is up to you. The selection can be made based on the occasion.
- After you are done with the corsets, don’t just throw them away in a corner. Instead, you need to wash the corsets and hang them in the closet so that you can use them again.
Different Types of Corsets
When it comes to an understanding all about the waist reducing corset or the ordinary corset, there are certain types that you need to know for the best decision in making a choice. Here are some types mentioned below.
As the name would suggest, the underbust corset will start right under your breasts and will end right at the starting of your lap. This corset is highly recommended for women wearing it for the first time. Common types include longline, cincher, bodice, and waspie.
The overbust corset would begin right under the arms and end right above your hips. These will not only lift the bust but will help in reducing the waistline in the best way. Not to mention that these offer excellent support to your back and can be the casual wear that you choose for the day. Common examples include lingerie and cupped corsets.
Traditionally, one can wear a bustier under the clothes. This type of corset will help shape the waist and push the breasts up. In simple words, one can consider a bustier as a combination of shapewear and a bra.
- Flat-Flat Front Style
This is the modern version of your Victorian waist training corset that we see, and it stretches from the neckline. Perfect for women with a smaller bust, the Flat-Front Style Corset is one of the popular options women choose.
As the name suggests, the sweetheart is a very popular choice amongst women. This modern standardized corset is usually worn during weddings and formal events. This is a feminine and classic type of corset that most women would love due to the amazingly flattering neckline.
So, these are some common types of corset dresses for women. Now that you know how to wear them go ahead and start your corset shopping from Bunny Corset. Make sure to choose the most beautiful types to accentuate your body type in the best way.