April 07 2023
Indo-Western silhouettes have gained immense popularity in the world of wedding fashion. These outfits have become a favourite amongst people due to their unique ability to combine traditional elements with modern aesthetics. One of the biggest advantages of these ensembles is that they allow you to stay stylish, comfortable and chic all night long without weighing you down. Whether you're a bride-to-be or someone who has a social calendar filled with weddings to attend, having a traditional outfit with modern appeal is a must-have in your wardrobe. This is where the corset can help.
However, searching for the perfect outfit and getting the right fit can seem like an ordeal, especially in the present times. But who said you can't mix and match separates from your wardrobe to create a stellar outfit? If you're looking for something that's both comfortable and trendy, we suggest pulling out your lehengas and your favorite waist training corset to dial up the sexy quotient.
Wearing an under the dress corset with lehengas is a surefire way to make sure you're on the right side of the hot list. It's a unique and stylish combination that's perfect for those who want to experiment with their wedding look.
How Can You Match Corsets With Indian Wear?
An Underbust or overbust corset is a garment that has been used for centuries to cinch the waist and create an hourglass figure. In recent years, it has seen a resurgence in popularity as a fashion item, with many women incorporating it into their daily wardrobe. One trend that has emerged is the pairing of corsets with traditional Indian wear, creating a unique fusion of styles.
Indian wear is known for its vibrant colors, intricate designs, and flowing fabrics. From the elegant saree to the regal lehenga choli, there are countless options to choose from. However, the traditional styles can sometimes feel restrictive, with the fabric draped in a specific way and limited options for accessorizing. This is where the Underbust corset comes in.
By wearing a corset with Indian wear, women can achieve a more fitted look and accentuate their curves. The corset also provides support and posture correction, which is especially important for heavier garments like sarees and lehenga cholis. Additionally, corsets come in a variety of styles and materials, allowing women to customize their looks to fit their personal tastes and the occasion. There is the cotton corset, the leather ones, longline corsets, and steampunk corset.
Some Things To Keep In Mind With Corsets and Indian Wear
When it comes to pairing corsets with Indian wear, there are a few things to keep in mind. Make sure that you read each and everything so that you don’t miss out on the details.
- Make The Corset Count
First and foremost, it's important to choose a cotton corset that fits well and provides adequate support. Ill-fitting corsets can be uncomfortable and even harmful to your health. It's also important to choose a corset that complements your outfit, rather than overpowering it. A corset with intricate details or bold colours may be better suited for a simpler saree or salwar kameez, while a more understated corset may be a better match for a heavily embroidered lehenga choli.
- Consider The Occasion
Another consideration is the type of occasion you're dressing for. While a corset can add a touch of glamour to any outfit, it may not be appropriate for more conservative events like religious ceremonies. It's always best to err on the side of caution and choose a more traditional outfit for these occasions rather than a corset for waist reduction.
- Accessorize Properly
When it comes to accessorizing, there are plenty of options to choose from. A simple pair of earrings and a bracelet can complement a leather corset beautifully, while a statement necklace may be too much. When it comes to shoes, high heels are always a good choice to help elongate the legs and complete the look.
Pairing Corsets With Sarees The Right Way
Pairing a black corset with an Indian saree can create a stunning fusion look that combines the traditional elegance of the saree with the modern sensuality of the corset. Here are some tips for pairing corsets with Indian sarees:
- Choose The Right Corset: When selecting a corset to wear with a saree, it is important to choose a style that complements the saree. Look for a corset that has similar colors, embellishments, or patterns as your saree. Avoid corsets that are too flashy or loud, as they can clash with the elegance of the saree.
- Select A Compatible Saree Fabric: The saree fabric plays an important role in pairing with the corset. The corset should be made from a fabric that is compatible with the saree, such as silk or satin. Avoid corsets made of denim or leather as it will create a mismatch with the saree.
- Consider The Saree Drape: The way in which the saree is draped can affect how the corset looks. It is important to drape the saree in a way that allows the corset to be visible. One way to do this is to drape the saree in a way that leaves the midriff area exposed.
- Accessorize Appropriately: When wearing a corset with a saree, it is important to accessorize well. You can wear traditional Indian jewelry like jhumkas, bangles, and a maang tikka to complete the look. A statement clutch or purse can also add to the look.
- Experiment With Different Styles: There are several ways to style a corset with a saree, and it is important to experiment with different styles to find what works best for you. You can try wearing a corset over a saree blouse, or you can wear the corset as a blouse itself. You can also experiment with different saree draping styles to create a unique look.
Who said that corsets were only for weight loss and waist training? They can also be a part of Indian fashion. Pairing corsets with Indian wear might be a little bit tricky if you are a beginner. But we are here to help you out with that to the best of our abilities. These are some important things that you must keep in your mind when you wish to pair your wedding outfit or Indian wear with a corset. For those who want more options for corsets, Bunny Corset is one of the best places where you can get some amazing and gorgeous designs right now. Head on over and make a pick today.